Tuesday, May 21, 2013

As The World Turns

This weekend was a big graduation weekend for lots of schools, and a bunch of my best friends! (congrats you college grads, you!)

It's an interesting feeling.. to be out of school for an entire year.  It might not sound like a long time, but it seriously feels like it (cue the grey hair emerging from my scalp).  So much can change in a year, psh, so much can change in a day.. so multiply that by 365, and that's a heck of a lot of changes. 

I spent time on Saturday saying congratulations and well wishing a bunch of friends, a few acquaintances.. but one of my friends told me it's starting to hit him that adulthood is upon him. 

There are so many milestones we feel the imminent hammer of adulthood slamming down on our heads.. 18th birthday, high school graduation, college acceptance, leaving for college, graduation from college.  Not everyone experiences those milestones though, so why is it that we don't feel adulthood until we reach them?  Some people may not "feel" adulthood until they become a parent.. for some that's at 16, for others maybe not until 46.  But what really makes an adult, an adult?

If you're waiting for me to answer.. you'll have to keep on waiting, because I don't have any cookie cutter definition for ya.  Sorry bout it.  You can ponder over there, while I ponder over here. 

If your calendar doesn't become COMPLETELY consumed with this mind-blowing question I have posed.. consider THIS

FOOD AND DRINKS FOR A CAUSE.. DUH
 Seriously, if you're on Long Island, in the area, or feel like taking a weekend vacation.. JOIN US.  It's going to be a great time, with great food & fabulous company (I'll be there.. what more could you want?)

So, as you could imagine.. coordinating this event & planning for the MS Challenge Walk is very time consuming.. and has resulted in my apartment becoming a sweatshop (sorry Sunshine).  I have envelopes everywhere, flyers EVERYWHERE, paper cuts, telephone calls, markers, pens, and about 200 more letters to address.

Sunshine is contributing to my sanity (just about as much as he in contributing to my INsanity)but he's an angel for putting up with me when I go into fundraising mode.  Join me in giving him an interwebz round of applause, WOULDYA?


While I work my finger to the nubs, contemplate my deep-thought-provoking-adulthood question, AND mark your calendars for the fundraiser!

peace out, yo
xx. Mayonnaise

2 comments:

  1. You need a talk show. Cya July 12th!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. reunions and talk shows both make me happy. but a reunions with YOU? psh, takes the cake.

      Delete